We need you to speak up today!
1. Find your local councillors using www.writetothem.com
2. Copy our template response below and add your own comments.
3. Tell your friends and spread the word on Facebook and Twitter
Dear Councillor [NAME HERE],
Do you know that secure cycle parking is no longer included in revised plans for the New Central Library and Bus Station (on site of former Broadmarsh Bus Station and Car Park)?
I am concerned about this because [YOUR OWN COMMENTS HERE].
I support the comments made by PEDALS, Nottingham Cycling Campaign.
Pedals is concerned by the disappearance of secure cycle parking facilities from plans for the New Central Library and Bus Station development on the site of the old Broadmarsh Car Park.
- Original plans contained a secure cycle parking hub but this has been removed!
- Council policy states that a car parking development of this size must provide a minimum of 120 cycle stands – we want to make sure this is a condition of granting planning permission.
- Council policy states that they will pursue the development of secure bicycle parking facilities at public transport interchanges and bus stations.
- We want it to be convenient and hassle-free to go to the library by bike.
Read the full PEDALS response with relevent Local Plan policy links at www.pedals.org.uk/new-central-library
What I’m asking you to do
The Council Planning Committee will vote on this planning application (18/02038/PFUL3) on Wednesday 21st of November.
Please pass on my concerns to the Planning Committee and draw their attention to the lack of cycle parking in the revised plans and the plans’ failure to meet the requirements set out in the Local Plan. More information here at www.pedals.org.uk/new-central-library
[YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS HERE]