- August 2018 – LCWIP for the D2N2 area: Pedals list of Gaps / Missing Links and Poor Quality Cycle Corridors in the Greater Nottingham Cycle Network, June 2018, with additions (in italics), August 2018
- July 2018 – Pedals comments on Nottm City Council Planning Application 18/01354/POUT: Island Site
- July 2018 – Carlton and Gedling Cycle Network: Pedals Comments to Via-EM
- July 2018 – Local trunk road cycling issues raised with Highways England at the liaison meeting at Loxley House on 17 July 2018
- July 2018 – Proposed 40mph speed limit (TRO 8273) on Regatta Way West Bridgford – Trent Valley Recway proposal
- June 2018 – LCWIP for the D2N2 area: Pedals list of Gaps / Missing Links and Poor Quality Cycle Corridors in the Greater Nottingham Cycle Network
- April 2018 – Rushcliffe BC – Comments for Planning Application 18/00731/FUL
- April 2018 – Rushcliffe BC – Comments for Planning Application 18/00640/FUL
- April 2018 – Notts County Council Rights of Way Management Plan Consultation 2018: Response from Pedals
- April 2018 – HS2 (Birmingham to Leeds extension) consultation – response from Pedals
- March 2018 – Pedals Report for Greater Nottingham Light Rapid Transit Advisory Committee, 13.3.18: Importance of achieving the provision of continuous off-route cycle facility avoiding the tram tracks in the High Road / Chilwell Road area, Beeston
- March 2018 – Comments for Planning Application 18/00460/HYBRID
- November 2017 – Rushcliffe Borough Council Local Plan Part 2: Land and Planning Policies (Further Options): Response to Consultation from Pedals
- November 2017 – West Bridgford Commissioners – Final Report, November 2017 – Comments from Pedals
- September 2017 – Grantham Canal Parks Strategy Action Plan, April 2017: Comments to the Canal and River Trust from Pedals
- August 2017 – Rushcliffe BC Planning Application ref. 14/01417/OUT
- May 2017 – Pedals Comments to Rushcliffe BC for Planning Application 17/00941/OUT – Land at Sharp Hill Wood Melton Rd Edwalton: The development of the Site for up to 600 new dwellings etc.
- March 2017 – Pedals respose to Rushcliffe Borough Council Local Plan Part 2: Land and Planning Policies (Further Options)
- March 2017 – Pedals Policy on the Use of Barriers
- March 2017 – Pedals comments to Nottingham City Council Overview and Scrutiny Committee discussion on cycling
- January 2017 – Pedals response to Broxtowe BC Hybrid planning application for housing etc. on Bartons Land between High Road and Queens Road West High Road, Chilwell
- January 2017 – Attenborough Crossings – Pedals’ response to Network Rail
- December 2016 – A52 Nottingham Junctions proposals – response from Pedals to recent consultation (Nottingham Rd and Cropwell Rd junctions)
- October 2016 – Formal Consultation Documents, TMP 7196 – North-South City Centre Cycle Route, Nottingham – response from Pedals
- August 2016 – West Bridgford Cycle Routes – Pedals Response
- May-June 2016 – Response to Nottingham City Council’s Nottingham Eco Expressway and Eastern Cycle Corridor consultation: Joint response by Pedals and the Proposed Trent Lane to The Hook foot-cycle bridge Steering Group
- May 2016 – DfT Cycling and Walking Investment Strategy – response from Pedals
- March 2016 – Rushcliffe Local Plan consultations – response from Pedals.
Pedals Wish List and Priorities for Rushcliffe Borough
- March 2016 – Policy Review: barriers on rights of way – Pedals response to City Council consultation.
Nottingham City Council Barrier Policy.
- March 2016 – Consultation on the Nottingham City Local Plan Part 2: Land and Planning Policies
- February 2016 – Nottingham City Council Island Site Draft Supplementary Planning Document Consultation – response from Pedals
- January 2016 – Broad Marsh Redevelopment Proposals – response from Pedals
- December 2015 – Western corridor phase 2 consultation – response from Pedals
- November 2015 – Toton HS2 Hub planning consultation – comments from Pedals
- November 2015 – Draft Nottinghamshire County Council Cycling Strategy consultation
- November 2015 – A453 (M1 to Clifton widening scheme) cycling provision
- October 2015 – Draft Nottingham City Council Cycling Design Guide consultation
- April 2015 – Revised Pedals wish list for Rushcliffe Borough
The Pedals response to the HS2 consultation can now be found in the list of documents below.
The City Cycling Action Plan was first produced in February 2008 after many months of preparation in consultation with Pedals and other organisations represented on the Greater Nottingham Cycling Development Group, established in June 2007 to help renew the City Council’s commitment to cycling.
A revised CAP was published on 1 November 2012: www.mynottingham.gov.uk/cycling
The Cycling Development Group also has representatives of CTC East Midlands and Sustrans East Midlands, as well as Ridewise, NHS Nottingham City (former Nottingham Primary Care Trust) and Nottinghamshire County Council.
The Pedals NET Phase 2 document, prepared for the NET Extension Public Inquiry in the autumn of 2007, can also be found below.
For more details on cyclists and the NET, click here.
In the spring of 2009, at the request of Nottinghamshire County Council, we revised the Pedals “wish lists” for Broxtowe, Gedling and Rushcliffe Boroughs and these can be downloaded below.
Pedals in 2009 published a revised (March 2009) policy on Cycling on Pavements,
also attached below.
A ‘Cyclists’ Code for shared use pedestrian/cyclist paths was produced with Nottinghamshire County Council in 1981:
A copy of the Pedals Constitution is available here
- for more details of our strategic campaigning aims see the Pedals 17-point plan (revised in Spring 2009) at http://www.pedals.org.uk/pedals_plan
- This has been complemented by a series of Pedals wish lists with suggestions for detailed improvements at specific locations in different areas, and these can be downloaded below.
They include the wish lists revised in 2009 for Nottinghamshire County Council, for Broxtowe, Gedling and Rushcliffe Boroughs, and the comprehensive wish list for Nottingham submitted in April 2010 to Nottingham City Council.A useful source of advice on encouraging better mutual respect between cyclists and drivers can be found in the CTC / AA ‘Drive Safe – Cycle Safe’ leaflet produced in 1994, and being considered, with revisions, for use in a similar campaign locallyIn January 2011 we responded to the latest consultation by the County and Citry Councils on their Draft Local Transport Plans which are crucial documents for future local transport policies and funding.
These responses can be found here:- Notts County Council LTP3 and Nottm City LTP3